Tomorrow is Saturday and we’ve got lots planned including a few jumps in muddy puddles. My kids may think it’s an April Fool’s joke, but tomorrow is actually National Jump in Muddy Puddles Day!
What’s this all about?
The Muddy Puddles Project is about letting kids be kids in honor of those that can’t. It’s in memory of Ty Louis Campbell, a little boy who had cancer and a simple wish to just get better and be able to jump in a muddy puddle.
It’s to remember the kids that are fighting every day just to be able to jump in a muddy puddle again. I went to high school with Cindy Campbell, Ty’s mom and have always been in awe of her strength, dedication, and hope to help others so that one day no child has to suffer like Ty. She created The Muddy Puddles Project as a vehicle to remind parents to stop sweating the small stuff, but it’s also a fundraising platform for the Ty Louis Campbell (TLC) Foundation. Ty’s parents created the foundation to support childhood cancer research after he lost his battle. They are committed to funding research geared towards safer and more effective treatments for childhood cancers.
How can I get involved?
- Take a picture tomorrow of your puddle jumping and share it with #PeppaMuddyPuddleChallenge on Instagram, Facebook, and other social channels
- Support The Muddy Puddles Project and the Ty Louis Campbell Foundation
- Enjoy blue lollipops in memory of Ty or have a fundraiser with blue lollipops
- Spread awareness of the desperate need to fund pediatric cancer research
- Follow The Muddy Puddles Project on Facebook
- Visit PrettyStore.org to purchase gorgeous jewelry with 100% of proceeds going to benefit childhood cancer research via the Ty Louis Campbell Foundation.
Ty’s smile and spirit captured the hearts of many of us who followed his struggle through Cindy’s incredible posts. I wrote about Ty on my original family blog way before it became Unboxed Mom. I have some of my past blog posts about Ty below for more information:
Jack sporting his Captain America Hat for Ty and The Captain America Hat Fundraiser for Ty.